Title: Floods and Droughts: The
New Zealand Experience
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SECTION 1. INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction: hydrological extremes and climate in New Zealand -- Paul Mosley and Charles Pearson.
2. Hydrological processes of extreme events -- Richard Ibbitt, Ross Woods and Alistair McKerchar.
3. Historic floods and droughts in New Zealand -- John Waugh, Horace Freestone and Darryl Lew.
SECTION 2: ANALYSIS AND ESTIMATION OF EXTREME EVENTS
4. Analysis and estimation of extreme events: deterministic methods -- Alistair McKerchar, Richard Ibbitt, and Ross Woods.
5. Stochastic methods -- Charles Pearson and Tim Davies.
6. Effects of land use on floods and low flows -- Lindsay Rowe, Barry Fahey, Rick Jackson and Maurice Duncan.
7. Environmental effects of extreme flows -- Ian Jowett.
8. Erosion and sedimentation in extreme events -- Murray Hicks and Tim Davies.
9. Hydrological extremes and the groundwater system -- Paul White.
SECTION 3: MANAGEMENT
10. Principles of managing extreme events -- George Griffiths and Peter Ross.
11. Floods and droughts: case studies -- Andrew Fenemor.